Akron Tree Explanation (no OTR content... off topic, sorry)

I'm getting a lot of questions about how a tree operates.  rather than reply
to everyone, let's do this...

The tree structure will be posted to this list late next week (June 5 or 6).
I'll also contact all branches by email.  Full information will be included
with the structure.

How it works...

the SEED sends copies of the original show recording to the BRANCHES.  the
BRANCHES produce copies and send them to the LEAVES.

Trades occur between the SEED and the BRANCHES, either for other
non-commercial live or unreleased material, or for blank disks and postage, the number of
disks being the same as what the show is on.  NO PROFIT.  Good karma must be
maintained.  ; )

Similar trades occur betwen the BRANCHES and the LEAVES, either music trade,
or blanks and postage (B&P).  It's the responsibility of the LEAVES to contact
their BRANCHES to set up trade or B&P, swap addresses, etc.  If you're a
burnerless leaf, or have nothing non-comm to trade, or have nothing your branch
wants to trade for, then B&P is the way to go.

A word about B&P... your BRANCH takes time out to burn these shows for you...
try to make it easy on them.  Send blanks in a tyvek or smooth paper disk
holder (i prefer to ship WITHOUT cases... you can work that out), in a
pre-addressed stamped padded mailer, inside a manila envelope addressed to the branch.
This way, when your disks are burned, all your branch has to do is put the
disks in the padded mailer and drop it in a post box.  You get your disks
quicker, and the branch doesn't have to run around buying postage, taping envelopes,
etc.

here's some additional info:

http://hyperrust.org/Rust/CDRTrading.html

Please contact me if you have additional questions.  Hopefully this will move
smoothly and we can all enjoy K and L's tapestries of sound very soon.

thanks,
flip

np:  "changes come," 5-24-03
(is it "changes come" or "change is coming?")