Re: Subject: Re: Cover of Giants

homeprairie wrote:

>I would really like to see a smashing pumpkins, Zwan cover in the OtR set.
>It would work cause I think Billy Corgans lyrics are reasonably within
>touching distance of OtR.

I'm thinking Tales of a Scorched Earth.  RAWK!

Okay, no, Lily sounds like something Linford might enjoy, but I don't
think I'd go so far as to say he /would/, because then I would be
putting words in his mouth (and ideas in his head!) and we just can't
have that.

Maybe Whir.  I like it a lot.

- -

What if OTR did a cover of a Dashboard Confessional song?  The
'unplugged' version of Remember to Breathe has a killer second guitar
part, and it's ready-made for a two-person set.  And I'd love Karin
doing emo ;)

Hell, I wish Mister Cash had done a D/C cover...

- - -

Then there's always Death Cab for Cutie.  The acoustic 405 is one of my
favorites...and have you head those guys' cover of Bjork's All is Full
of Love?  F'in incredible.  It's one of those songs that seems
un-coverable, kinda like John Mayer doing Kid A on acoustic guitar.

- - - -

I can just imagine Linford hammering away at Coldplay's Clocks.

-Smitty the Punkin Smoosher