Re: Re: Cover of Giants

On 5/8/03 11:10 PM, quoth the effervescent relisabeth at juno_com at
relisabeth at juno_com:

>I feel like the recent cover that he did of 'Hurt' by NIN is somehow even
>more bizarre.
>
>My two cents' worth.
>Ruth

Bizarre, yes, but utterly gut-wrenching. Unflinchingly brutal when you
think from where the man's got to be coming from with that. I watched the
video for it and sat here stunned.

On several completely unrelated notes:

The sky has finally fallen: after howevermany years of plans gang aft
agley, I have FINALLY seen David Armstrong play drums. And you know what?
He don't suck, boys and girls. It was a great jam at Cherry Jubliee in
Lancaster, PA (and yeah, I'm gonna say it howeverthehell I want!), and he
introduced me to the bass player, who happens to be ex of Innocence
Mission, and whose name has completely escaped me. David also allowed my
friends and me to touch his brand new drum kit out in the parking lot. It
was gorgeous. We all feel so naughty.

And lastly, yes, Troy! Congratulations! I wish you comfy feet, good
weather, happy guests, an unstressed bridal party, and, most of all, the
peace and joy and contentment of true love for the rest of your lives.
Mazel Tov!