Re: Track Numbers, etc....whatever...

I ususally find that I can use track 3 or four as a fairly good way to measure if I will like it in a few years. But I do find that track 4 is usually the one that grabs me.
I expect the first track to be good and grab my attention -it's the intro to the whole CD. Of course the label wants to have me listen longer, and so they try to put some sparkly thing there to grab my attention. Usually, though, the sparkle fades after a few listens on that one. Some CDs I own I never listen to the first track of anymore at all.
I also, when I first get a CD, have to sit down with it, listen while I read all of the lyrics, liner notes, etc...... and then listen to it again. So, obviously, I try not to pop a CD in the car as soon as I buy it. Could be a bad thing:)

Mainly, though, I just like to close my eyes and listen.

Ruth

np: Maire Brennan -Whisper to the Wild Water