Re: Evanescence / Christian Band thing

On Wed, 16 Apr 2003, Bruce Lachey wrote:

> > Today's edition of ChristianityToday.com's Weblog has some stuff on
> > this controversy and the band's "Christian" background, too.
>
> In one of the surer signs of an impending apocalypse (along with the
> recapture of Babylon by our forces, and those pesky four horsemen/lawn
> service providers outside my condo window this morning), I rooted
> around that Christian website after getting this.  To spare the rest
> of y'all, here's the article:

FWIW, I think it's worth checking the original website, too, since it's
full of links to other articles and interviews and stuff.

> Huh.  I feel bad for Ben - he can't win in this situation.  You got your
> fans that buy your CDs in Christian joints ready for a CD-burning, and
> the radio/Daredevil fans' heads are spinning on the news that they liked
> some borderling Christian act.

I dunno, would you say P.O.D. has been "winning" in *their* situation?  I
don't listen to either of these bands, but from what I hear, it sounds
like P.O.D. has managed to please both secular and Christian audiences.
If they can "win", then any other Daredevil-friendly band can "win".

Nothing tells memories from ordinary moments; only afterwards do they
   claim remembrance, on account of their scars. -- Chris Marker, La Jetee