Re: With Or Without Condoms

Bruce Lachey wrote:

> Sir, I will not dispute your AB date..  But as a responsible web
> researcher, the Zoo TV tour did *NOT* have condoms - it was the Pop Mart
> tour in 97 that had 'em.

Ah! Then the Zoo TV condoms I held in my hand in early 1992 after U2
played their Zoo TV date in Charolotte, North Carolina were from *the
future*, which means that even if Duran Duran invented the "condom at a
show" idea, U2 invented the "travel in time to a future tour to get
condoms" concept. Of course, condoms were also availabe at Woodstock II,
also in 1994, so the double D would have to share a title with the
prmoter sof Woodstock II...

Here is a photo of condoms from the third leg of the Zoo TV tour
(shortly after Zoorpoa was released in 1993 - the tour concluded in 1993
in Sydney, Australia):
http://members.tripod.com/~N_e_p_t_u_n_e/U2/zooropacondoms.jpg (watch
out for copious popup ads).

Here is an interview shortly before the POP tour, when Larry is asked
"Will U2 sell condoms again"? (scroll down about 1/3).

Here is an article about a person who visited the Rock and Roll Hall of
Fame and saw an Achtung Baby condom.
http://www.atu2.com/news/article.src?ID=2850

- John

--