Re: With Or Without Condoms

On 4/11/03 10:40 AM, quoth the effervescent Bru-Say at
b_lachey at hotmail_com:

>Duran's never gettin' their due, man...

Hey! That's not true!

And I remember the fuss about the condoms. As I recall, it was indeed the
first time anyone had done such a thing, and no one could believe they
were actually doing it. Now there's a line of Vampire Condoms here in
Philly-- "Because Vampires Always Get Invited Inside." Unbelievable
cheese factor, I know.

They handed out branded condoms at Sarach MacLachlan's RAINN information
booth at the Tower Theatre at some radio station's Christmas show. (I
think it was Sarah-- I can't remember whether she played or Tori played.
Chris Emery would kill me.) This would have been '95 or '96, I think. The
guy I took to the show picked one up. That was an interesting evening.
Hm. Anyway, I think I even remember snorting, "Huh. Duran did that first
years ago."