Re: Over the Rhine

--- Dan Temmesfeld <dtemm at yahoo_com> wrote:
> Anyway, I've been into Over the Rhine for about
> seven years now.  (Wow, it seems like a long time.)
> In fact, Films for Radio is trying to spin up in my
> laptop, but it's having horrible issues.  Anyway, I
> think a lot of people on this list might like them.
> They're cool.

yeah, y'know, they're not bad.

i took my then-girlfriend to see cowboy junkies in
september 1998.  was kinda bummed there was an opener.

"and the rest..."  as they say.  never thought an
opening live act would eclipse rusted root opening for
santana in july 1998, but eclipse they did.  i still
wonder how dumbfounded i must have been watching them
for the first time that night.  anyway, i bought the
g/f a cd copy of gdbd at the intermission.

we split very shortly afterward and i've always been
mildly paranoid she might be in here somewhere.  don't
know why... and actually, no animosity, just, well...
it'd be weird.