Re: cclit

Let me clear up my prior statements. I did not mean
ALL Christian authors are bad writers. I said (or at
least meant) MOST of the Christian writer's of TODAY
are substandard. For instance, I have not seen any
CONTEMPORARY christian books that measure up to, say
Jeffrey Eugenides (Middlesex, The Virgin Suicides).
Mind you, I am sure thier are some decent christian
authors out thier today (I like a lot of Stephen
Lawhead's books).
--- kevin j hopp <khopp at garbersoft_net> wrote:
>   on top of all metioned which is quite a list
> already:
>
> Walker Percy
> Grahmn Greene
> Flannery O'Conner
> Walter Wangerin
> Robert Siegel (also a poet)
> Annie Dillard
> Dorothy Sayers
> GK Chesterton
> George Macdonald
>
> and there are a lot of pretty good poets
> -- to name a few:
> Scott Cairns
> Paul Mariani
> Gabriella Mistral (first latin american, male or
> female, to be awarded
> the nobel for lit)
> Denise Levertov
> Rupert Loydell
> Philip Levine
> Andrew Hudgins
> Chad Walsh
> Wendel Berry
> Dana Gioia
> John Leax (also a wonderful book on writing as a
> vocation called "grace
> where I live)

=====
 And I use these words pretty loosely. There's so much more to life than words.
-Linford Detweiler