Re: Cookin' MCs Like a Pound of Bacon

John wrote:
>I'd not reccomend Little Plastic Castle - for me,
>that album is one of her not-as-good ones; ani
>should not havre tried to do ska.

um... are you just judging the entrie album based
on the lead-off track?  that album is not ska.  and
just having a funky horn section does not equate to
ska either.  perhaps that's why i like that album
more, because it's really funky.

other stellar tunes off of that record:
  - Fuel (except for the ending bugs me)
  - Gravel (yes, the _Clip_ version rocks, too)
  - Pixie
  - Pulse

it's just the Ani CD that i usually pick up & spin.
that's all i know.

> Revelling/Reckoning would likely satisfy an average
> OtR fan much more -

because it's mellow and boring in spots?  oops, did
i just type that outloud?

> it's jazzy, Ani's musicianship, always top-notch,
> reached a new plateau with that record.

i love Revelling, but Reckoning is about 1/2 great,
1/2 snorey.  double albums can do that sometimes.

from this far away, kinda looks like rain,
Dan

np: ani difranco - evolve

=====
VISIT the home of Dan's music at:
     http://www.unemployedingreenland.com/
         -and- http://www.dlm.net/gc/
   VISIT - Pixie Princess Jewelry Studios at:
         http://www.pixieprincess.com/