re: music to waltz to

well

we're taking dancing lessons [:  it's fun, and we're
really enjoying it.
we're learning waltz and east coast swing.

>so we went last night through our music to find
>something waltzish to
>dance to for our first song.

>what would you waltz to?

>swing to?

if you choose a song in any timing other than 3/4,
you're going to get confused because there are three
steps to each movement of the waltz, I think, and you
move with each beat. the extra beat will throw you
off. especially, if you are being led in the dance by
a percussionist.

c'mon, guys--what are some great songs in 3/4 timing?

and by now, someone needs to make an "otr that you can
dance to" web site. more amusing still--if the type of
dance were listed with each "dancable song". swing or
line dancing to "last night I dreamt..." is that
possible? please advise.

I know this topic has come up before nearly every time
there is a wedding and all of us scratch our heads.