country

>On today's syndicated Sean Hannity radio talk show, he played a part of
>a new Sarah (sp?) Evans single called something like "Back Of A
>Greyhound Bus," which sounded pretty good, and gave me a slight hope
>that, just maybe, country radio might be getting a little bit smarter,
>recalling the mid-1980's, when it was not uncommon to hear Rosanne Cash,
>Lyle Lovett, Gail Davies, Steve Earle, Rodney Crowell, and  Emmylou
>Harris in heavy rotation, in even the smallest markets.

One could always hope.  The Dixie Chicks seem to pull it off, but I
wouldn't count on much.  Steve Earle called it the "Great credibility
scare of the 1980's," at least I think that was the phrase.

Rodney Crowell has a new one coming out soon.  His last "the Houston Kid"
was one of my favorites of 2001.  Steve Earle's bew biography "Hardcore
Troubador - the Life and Near Death of Steve Earle" is fascinating.  It's
amazing he's still with us after his hard life of the late 80's and early
90's.

Bill Keith

--
Bill Keith, WSDP Radio, Plymouth-Canton Schools