Bruce's Crappy 80s Quiz

(I put this in a thread already started and now three people have emailed
for me to start a new thread.  Yo.)

Here's a quick 80s quiz, kids.  Email me your answers *privately*, and I'll
post answers and results Monday night.  Heck, I'll even send the winner a CD
of good underlooked 80s tunes.  Try not to cheat by looking online..  When I
say "US Charts" I mean Billboard..  And "selling" means in the US.

** PLEASE, DON'T EMAIL YOUR ANSWERS TO THE LIST **

1. What band were Annie Lennox and Dave Stewart in before The Eurythmics?

2. What was the biggest selling soundtrack from the 80s?

3. Which Duran Duran offshoot was fronted by Simon Lebon?

4. Who sang "Pass The Dutchie"?

5. What was Men Without Hats' second Top 5 single, after "The Safety Dance"?

6. Who had more Top 40 hits in the 80s: Air Supply, Chicago, or The Rolling
Stones?

7. Which artist or group had the most US Top 40 hits in the 80s?

8. Which group performed "Pump Up The Volume"?

9. What was Madonna's third album was titled?

10. What hit song did Oran "Juice" Jones perform?

11. Who did Phil Collins duet with on "Seperate Lives"?

12. Who's real name is (roughly) Yorgos Panayiotou?

13. Olivia Newton John performed "Xanadu" with what backing band?

14. What musical did Murray Head's "One Night In Bangkok" come from?

15. What's the best selling 12" dance single of all time?

16. What was Pet Shop Boys' first hit?

17. Crowded House was fronted by an ex-member of what band?

18. The directors of Duran Duran's "Girls on Film" and "A View To A Kill"
videos had a hit themselves in 85.  Who are they?

19. Which American band had members participate in the mostly UK-led Band
Aid/"Do They Know It's Christmas" single?

20. Who wrote "Islands In The Stream" for Kenny & Dolly to sing?

21. Name three Prince offshoots.  Please.

22. Berlin had two hits in the 80s - "Take My Breath Away" and what?

23. Who performed "Axel F"?

24. How many albums had Janet Jackson released prior to "Control"?

25. Name the 5th original member of Depeche Mode who left the band, formed
Yaz, and then went on form a more-lasting group.

26. Who sang the theme to "The Goonies"?

27. New Order came from the ashes of what band?

28. What pop song is the lyric "You keep insisting that nobody showed you
how to use the telephone" from?

29. What was Sting's first solo hit?

30. "Ice Ice Baby" by Vanilla Ice sampled liberally from "Under Pressure"
by...?

31. Who sang on the most #1 songs of the 80s?

32. What did Madonna sing at the First MTV Video Music Awards show?

33. Which two artists had Top 10 hits with "Funkytown"?

33-1/3. Who is your favorite band from the 80s and why?  (bonus)

Really, just email your answers to me, DON'T for Heaven's sake email them to
the list..  Sheesh..