You guys really were under rocks.

Or you're just good at sarcasm, or I'm susceptible to it today..

19 is by Paul Hardcastle.  No one else.  Herb Alpert's contributions to hit
80s music were his songs with Janet Jackson - Keep Your Eye On Me and
Diamonds.  In the 80s, Janet was on his A&M label (where the A stands for
Alpert).  Herbie Hancock's hit was "Rockit".

Der Kommisar was written by Falco.  He originally sang it, it was a big hit
in Germany, from an album pre-Rock Me Amadeus era.  After The Fire covered
it in English a few months later and it was a big US hit.  Falco caught on
and started singing in English and had a few hits..  His "Vienna Calling" is
a fun tune too if you're Kazaaing the afternoon away.

I feel like I should teach an eighties music class.

R.I.P. Falco,
Bruce