Under a rock

Rhys wrote:

> what's this about the 80's and men wearing
> makeup?
>
> those were the rhys lived under a rock years

I say:

I'm emerging from lurkerdom...

So how much under a rock did you live? From
elementary school until I graduated, I immersed
myself in popular culture. I listened to Casey
Casem's American Top 40 *every* weekend. When the
local radio stations do their '80s weekends, I am
in heaven.

And, like Rhys, my wife sits there and says,
"That's when I lived under a rock." She has no
clue what most of the popular music was then. She
remembers coming back from Christmas break right
after "Thriller" was released, and her teacher
asked everyone what they got for Christmas.
"Thriller" was on everyone's list, and my wife
didn't even know what it was -- she didn't even
know it was an album. It could have been the
latest action figure. Or a new kind of cheese.

Jeff McCloud
teamccloud at yahoo_com