Re: iPod

 Bruce Lachey <b_lachey at hotmail_com> wrote:

Whereas 4 short months ago, 20GB to fill worth of worthwhile songs on an
iPod seemed daunting, it's now a painful chore to cut tracks off of it..
It's like they're not making the cut for some wretched reality series on
Showtime Classic West or something. Poor little songs.

Oh Bruce... Don't say that. I'm thinking of getting one of the new Odyssey 1000 units when they come out next month (similar to iPod, only it uses USB, has an FM radio, other neat features, and costs $150 less). To fill up 20 GB, i'd have to put every mp3 I have on the damn thing.

As it is, I have about 16 cds of mp3s I cart back and forth in a cd wallent for my pc at work and my discman (which also plays mp3s), so that means by just trucking those over, the damn thing is half full! Of course, three of those are just U2 -- all containing largely the same material. And I might have the same Bjork material on two discs as well. This is why I want one of these things so badly. File management while constantly having to change out cds is just too much of a chore.

Which brings me to an important question: Bruce, if you have two songs that cross fade or mix into each other queued successively on your iPod, is there a substantive or distracting gap or space between the songs, or does the playback buffer keep the music fairly continuous?

Finally, one good thing I can report: The restored version of Fritz Lang's classic 1927 film METROPOLIS is set for release on dvd on February 18. This is an event I declare to be woot-worthy.

Bradley S. Caviness, Bigwig
Bigwig Enterprises

http://www.bigwigenterprises.com

Do you Yahoo!?