Re: TTT

In a message dated 1/4/2003 9:58:18 AM Eastern Standard Time, DustyVolume <dustyvolume at yahoo_com> writes:

>Yz,
>
>I wondered this too.  Having read the book in seventh grade, I can't recall if
>it came from the text, so I just took it that it occured off screen and was not
>considered important enough to include in the film.  The alternative is they
>tell him he is dead, and he asks how it happened--maybe Jackson was going for
>the anger contained in Faramir's confrontation as opposed to the shock and
>denial that he would have most likely felt if the alternative had happened.  It
>really then just comes down to choices made by whomever wrote that line. :)
>
>HTH,
>Mark

Well, according to Don and J. Marie, his body did indeed arrive in Gondor. Don suggested it was the elven boat that couldn't capsize-- those elves, they sure know how to build 'em, betcha by golly.

I thought to myself during the movie that I kind of want to stop myself from reading the books again til next year, after The Return of the King comes out. I just don't know if I'll be able to wait that long. I'm already having to distract myself from running out and buying that 5-DVD set. Oooo, bookends....