TTT

i pretty much agreed with what most of you said in
terms of impressions of ttt (having read it first).
yeah, they missed the essence of faramir (for
now...i'm _really_ hoping they fix that in the third
film).  the ents too.  i too missed the ent-wife
laments.

at our dress up party back in september, i was
goldberry (tom bombadil's companion/wife); and my
friend, molly, was fimbrethil (treebeard's long-lost
ent-wife).  we figured that since fanghorn is so old
and that the wives are probably near the shire, we
would actually be old forest friends.  a comforting
thought considering our actual friendship.  we like to
think that molly and marie have the same sort of
eternal friendship.

a highlight for me was when gandalf cast out the
presence of saruman.  wow.  really enjoyed eowyn too.
a girl with a noble heart and a sword.  makes my heart
soar.

i like swords.

the humor was well-placed i think.

i MISSED shelob (for now)!!!!!  really was hoping for
that whole deal tonight.  one mo' year!

hope of my hopes is that jackson sticks with the
ending too.  no happy hollywood.

bad happy hollywood.

lynz, i like to read the books first.  but i work to
compartmentalize the adaptation in film so normally i
don't get too upset.  like don said, no one can change
the text!

well, there are those pesky harper collins people who
want to redo (or was it to continue them?) the narnia
chronicles to make them secular.  but they'll of
course stink.  they'll fail.  and go broke if they
try.  um, the christian metanarrative is the central
point of the entire allegory.  duh.

all in all, i'm lovin' the two towers.

forever a river daughter,
j. marie

=====
But now, like a whispering in dark streets,
rumors of God run through your dark blood.
-Rainer Maria Rilke (The Book of Hours; I, 38)