Re: The Over the Rhine Naughty X-mas Show

--- not kylie <kylie_wilkerson at hotmail_com> wrote:

> I think I saw Thurman Allen... but I wasn't sure.

i'm sure you did.  i was the somewhat surly looking
fellow (i'll explain in a second) standing on the
stairs in the lobby, hoping beyond hope to see a face
i recognized from drew's page.  alas, i had forgotten
to check before i left kent and it being the end of
the semester, my brain must have spilled all memories
out to make room for the useless information stored
just in time for finals.

as for the surly part, i almost didn't make the show.
note to self: when using directions from the internet,
make sure the route they take you isn't a busy street
with no discernable street signs.  i ended up getting
lost on the way to my friends' house and i didn't have
their phone number so i called my other friend who
couldn't get me there from where i was so she gave me
a phone number to call, but i didn't have a pen and
when i tried to frantically dial the number before it
vanished from my short term memory a man standing
outside the busiest gas station in cincinnati took
that moment to try and sell me something and to make a
long story just a touch briefer, i forgot the first
three digits, jumped in my car, flew like a flying
rodent out of the netherworld and got to my other
friend's house just in time to hop in her car and get
to the taft.  needless to say, the christmas spirit
was far from me.  and to add to my frustration, i was
racked with guilt for screwing up everyone's plans,
which in part explains why i didn't more actively
search out listees after the show - wanted to spend
some time with my friends, try to make up for time
lost before the show.

so that's two years in a row i've blown meeting all
the wonderful people on the list.  someday, someday

i did see a group of people and made eye contact with
someone who gave a flicker of recognition, but my
courage had been squeezed out by the events of the
night and so i stayed on my stairs.

(there's always some excuse, isn't there thurman?)

by the way - loved the show.  must have been good to
break through my bad mood.

off to finish my final paper of the semester.  God
bless us, every one.

=====