Re: viruses run amuck

nuts in hell wrote:

>so, i have a question for all you technogeeks (i mean that with all due
>respect because you will one day rule the world.  and soon):
>
>somehow, my e-mail address has gotten into the wrong hands and i keep
>receiving infected e-mails.  my virus scan always catches them, but i'm
>paranoid that one day it won't.  about the only thing i've been able to do
>is add each address to my "blocked senders" list, but i know that the
>sender's addresses are constantly changing and blocking them is probably an
>exercise in futility.  does anyone have any other suggestions?

I'm not going to expound upon Miss *r really, but I have one thing to
add on the functioning of Klez.

This particular virus spreads itself though e-mail as you have seen.
 The tricky part is, it sends itself to random addresses in an infected
person's address book, and forges the "from" line as someone /else/ in
the address book.  That's why all these infected mails are coming to you
from different people - they're really probably coming from a SINGLE
person that may not even know he/she's infected.

-Smitty the Virulent Strain