Re:Sound Recordings Question (no OtR)

Sent this earlier with the wrong email so I assume it didn't get through.

I've never had a computer burner but I like my *real Philips CDR 775  burner very much.
No uploading, no being locked in front of the computer.
I can sit on the floor in my living room by my stereo surrounded
by the CD's I'm compiling from. Look through my others to decide
what else to put on if I've room.
I can even transfer old vinyl and cassette's to CD format.
If you do get a real one and have old vinyl and cassette's make sure
you get one that has analog transfer capability so you can do this too :-)
 The drawbacks: If you are used to a computer burner, the transfer rate
is much slower. 2 to 1 IIRC and you will lose the capability of burning things
you download from the net.
Not many drawbacks for all the benefits.

kevin