Re: Grey Ghost Stories

Grey Ghost Stories--

I just pulled this one off of the shelf the other
night! lovely, lovely, lovely....

however, I've always been partial to "I Don't Think
There's No Need To Bring Nothin'"...

I remember one of the first times I played this. It
was back when Jay and I were dating. we were sitting
in my apartment--a little crowded dark place in a
small town. I lived there for $250 a month, so I
couldn't complain much. we were listening to the music
and I was telling Raymond Chandler-like stories
off-the-cuff as the music progressed.

"she was a blond, and full of crazy ideas...I knew
that for sure when she stepped into my office, flask
in hand, cigarette wafting smoke to the ceiling..."

another time, a less silly time, Jay was sitting at
the worn-out hoosier table in that same apartment. I
was serving him a supper before he had to begin the
five hour drive back to Michigan. I remember him
grinning and sweet and looking very happy. we both
agreed that the music seemed familiar, bringing to
mind faint memories...even ones we had never had
before. not much later, he also expressed, not for the
first or last time, that he hoped we would be married
as soon as possible.

another memory. another story.
you can hear "no need to bring nothin'" faintly in the
background on a film I have. a grainy, poor
documentary of a very fine day--one snowy night in
december. linford's music plays as my friends file
into the stony little chapel. I don't think I heard
the music myself. I was in another room, preoccupied
with getting a veil adjusted over my face and tucking
pieces of ivy in my hair while my mother and sister
laughed. I was nervous and my face was almost as pale
as the ivory gown I was wearing.

these probably won't be the last of my stories.

lynz.