Re: Woke Up This Morning (probably no otr)

 hey listee's, how ya been?
I've been away for a while and was
able to subscribe again a few days ago.
Kevin (formerly Gilhamilton)

 Anyway I got a couple here:

 Neil Young's *Love In Mind*

     Woke up this morning with love in mind
     It was raining outside but my love still shined
     Kept me warm till my plane touched the sky

the classic blues tune *Walking Blues*
I think Robert Johnson originally wrote it but not sure. I know
the Rory Block rendition:

"I woke up this morning, feeling  ‘round for my shoes.
 I woke up this morning, feeling  ‘round for my shoes.
 By that you know I had them mean old walkin’ blues."

John Prine has one:
woke up this morning put on my slippers
walked in the kitchen and died

Can't remember the name of it though...

Joni Mitchell's *Chelsea Morning* is an almost:
Woke up it was a Chelsea morning
and the first thing that I saw..

 there's gotta be a ton of 'em, especially
among old blues and folk tunes,
but that's all I can think of right now.

Kevin

Xander: "Whoa, whoa! I...I think I'm having a thought. Yeah, yeah, that's a thought. Now I'm having a plan."
<lights go out>
Xander: "Eh, now I'm having a wiggins."
(episode 5.14 of Buffy the Vampire Slayer)

by the way, now that I'm all HTML friendly let me know if my mail
comes through funky like.