Even the ducks were quiet...

After their performance in Memphis (thanks for the
review Brad) Karin and Linford made their way to St.
Louis on Saturday night.  A couple of good friends and
myself found ourselves at Blueberry Hill in the Duck
Room.  There aren't any real live ducks in the room
though...a good thing, since they might have
interrupted during the concert.  Fortunately, unlike
Brad's experience, the audience was quiet, attentive,
receptive, and interactive when appropriate.  Again,
Karin did virtually all the talking except for when
Linford said "Just read the book" in reference to
Unsung.  The set list was virtually identical to the
show in Memphis, except they played Rhapsodie and Give
Me Strength(piano version) during the encore.

The song "She" was extremely powerful.  It's the song
Karin says is about abuse.  The lyrics really hit home,
as I have seen my share of domestic abuse situations in
medical school.  I'm sure it would be even more
powerful to someone who has actually been in an abusive
situation.

Anyway, it was a wonderful night in the Duck
Room...lots of laughter from Karin, Linford, and the
crowd.  The singing was pretty good too :)

-Joel