Re: words to I Let It Go -- help me out

>> Ben offers:
>>
>> Lonely is just how I feel
>> Alone in the world and the world is a wheel (?)
>> Spinning these thoughts in my head
>> I tangle with you and we hang by a thread

> Jessyka counters:
> i thought the line was
> "alone in the world, and the world isn't real..."
> but that's just me.

The thing about that is that "the world isn't real" doesn't fit as well
with Karin's metaphor in the verse (I think the liner notes said Karin
wrote the song, not Linford, but I don't have them with me so I could be
wrong).  The world spins her thoughts like an old timey wool spinning
wheel-it spins her together with her companion and they hang tenuously by
a thread.

> Patty suggests:
> I thought it was broken crutch, and for  "Your skin was the fee for your
> [??????] on down", I thought was "phages unbound" Phage is a combined
meaning
> of "a thing that devours"  and then I swear she said unbound after. I
could be
> VERY wrong however. I do think its wheel however.

I *love* this.  That's so clever.  What's more, it honest to God sounds
like a fricative rather than a stop in the song, thus /f/ not /p/.  The
problem with this is that "pages" makes more sense because the previous
line said "I wanted to write it all down."  So in this verse we're writing
and in the 3rd one we're spinning/weaving-and the metaphors are
consistent.

The crush/crutch problem, I have no idea about.

Ben