Re: poems poems everywhere and not a drop to drink

Pontessa writes:

has anyone even thought to post a word or two of their
own?  maybe no poets follow over the rhine.  maybe
when i post there is a crazy magnetic electronic trip
hop transfusion that takes place and it actually
appears that i'm writing about how cool karin's hair
was at such and such a show.  words are not just for
stargazing.  stars aren't just for word gazing.
see...it's fun.

Fun??  Hmmm...  I'm not a poet.  Can't say I even have any substantial appreciation for poetry, though that's unquestionably to my own detriment.  Poetry used to have a more prominent role on this list - in the olden days, if you will, but it's just not my thing.  Not much I can do about that, I suppose.

Maybe I should just talk about baseball.  I can do that halfway competently sometimes.  How 'bout them Angels, eh???

At least I'm not talking about how cool Karin's hair is - I'm not worshipful enough for that...

Steve
oncleboo at aol_com

np:  Dave Alvin and the Guilty Men - Interstate City

"Forgiveness of enemies can only come upon their repentance." -- William Blake