Re: Over-The-Rhine Digest V4 #317

Jessyka said:

> hey, ben, you're in big trouble for not coming to find us listees, you know.
> what's that about?  i was also at both shows... the most fun part (for
> me) of the evening (besides meeting some really hot guy!)

How do you know I wasn't the hot guy?

BWHAHAHAHAHAH.  Oh I kill me.

No, we'll say hi next time.  I think I'll recognize you from your merch
volunteerism.  Me and my wife were standing between the bar and the tables
and I had a Dan Marino jersey on.  She has beautiful blonde hair down to
her butt.

Anyway, we were very pleased to find a Starbucks not 2 blocks from Club
Cafe.  This was key for driving to the campground we were staying at down
on the WV border.

I have to say, in 2 trips to Pittsburgh, I have been very impressed with
it.  Everyone says Pittsburgh is industrio-ugly-yucky.  I think the city
is lovely, especially as you come over the bridge from the west.  That
downtown area is gorgeous and it seems to have a thriving scene for young
people.  And I know it has fine arts offerings that are disporportionally
good for Pittsburgh's size.

Bethany says:

> sorry to post for about the 23rd time today, but MY OTR ORDER
> CAME TODAY!!!  So, I got mail which is exciting in and of itself
> AND I got the Cutting Room Floor which is, so far, fantabulous.
> I was absolutely floored (no pun inteneded) by "Happy and Free"
> it was beautiful.  I still haven't heard Green-Clouded
> Swallowtail yet though.  I heard the first 3 or 4 tracks while
> getting ready to go to a meeting, which I recently returned from
> to find my roommate in the middle of the cd, which was fine with
> me (she has excellent taste) but I still haven't heard the
> middle.  That will be remedied momentarily, being that I've got
> it on right now. (again) I'm just so innundated in the
> new-otr-ness, I am saving DNOTY and GGS for the moment.  I can
> barely contain my excitement.
> Bethany, who posts several times in a day, and then babbles.

There are three really really amazing tracks on Cutting Room Floor.  One
is Happy and Free which you've mentioned.  I think the liner notes say
Karin wrote that, but I don't have them with me.  The second is the
acoustic Give me Stregth, just like she does it in concert.

But the ole piece de resistance is this #6, "I let it Go."  If I weren't
so enamored of "Happy to be so," I might promote it to my favorite OtR
song.  It's like swimming in Karin's voice.

BenT