club cafe-pgh show-actual otr content

finally...i am taking the time to write about the glory that was the otr
concert in pittsburgh.  : )

we arrived in pittsburgh...hungry!  we found the club with minor
difficulties and headed to a restaurant across the street for dinner. lo
and behold...karin & linford were dining at a small table by the window.
fearful of appearing as crazed fans...we left them enjoy their dinner in
peace....

as we entered the crowded club, i heard a voice yelling my name & saw our
dear jessyka waving from the bar...standing next to matt.  those were the
only listees i recognized..but apparently there were others present.  the
place was crowded and we had to stand for the entire concert.  but it was
oh so very worth it....my husband darrell & i agreed that it was one of our
favorite otr concerts.  the opening guy was talented...a nice
appetizer...but the feast soon followed...the energy between the two of
them seeps into the crowd.  karin's voice on "fever" could melt an iceberg.
if the lights were any brighter, i'm sure the green would have been
obviously glowing on my face.  ...sigh.....

anyway...LOVE the new songs...and looking forward to the new album release
next year!  at one point linford mentioned visiting a thrift shop and
stumbling across an album he first tho't to be the white album...but when
he turned it over...he was surprised to see his mom...& several other
relatives.  it was an album of the hartville singers....a mennonite choir
from hartville ohio.  i was raised in a mennonite church..my father a
mennonite pastor...so of course i had to check out the album...and to my
surprise...realized that the choir was from a church that was in the same
conference our church was from!  ...small world.  we told linford that we
were quite sure my parents knew his.  karin even remembered me from meeting
her in a rest stop on the way home from c'stone....and i was happy to hear
that she knew that the icon on email signature is a biker!  : )  ....so
after chatting with lively jessyka and kind-hearted & informative
mat....along with some other otr fans...getting to at least touch and sniff
(thanks matt!) the cutting room floor...(that jessyka later received--i'm
so envious!)...and meeting with linford & karin.....then onto starbucks for
coffee & dessert...i concluded that it was an evening i'll not soon forget.
and i'm sorry that the rest of you missed it.

the taft show temptation is growing growing growing!!!
aaaaaarrrgggghhhhhh!!!>>>>>>>>> i haven't the will power to resist....if
baby-sitting pans out...you all will have to put up with me and my husband
being part of the scene this year.

woo-freakin-hoo!!!  smiles everyone...smiles!

                   ~o
                 _' \ <_