the beauty of autumn... (one man's account)

Speaking of the beauty of Autumn...

The leaves are dying a brilliant death in Fort Wayne.
It's been a while since the folliage has given such a
show around here.

This is my favourite time of year.

And as the trees close another chapter in their lives,
a new one has begun for me. A week ago today Beth and
I took our vows and became husband and wife. I can
imagine it being no other way. She is as brilliant as
the calico trees, yet full of so much life.

Everything went off without a hitch. Apart from two
kilt jackets ariving late in the week, the small
ceremony moved gracefully like a crisp breeze flows
through whispering trees. It was an evening wedding,
adorned with candles and ivy and beautiful classical
music. A small harp and violin introduced the oncoming
bride while the mammoth church organ billowed at the
seams to announce to the world that we had formed an
inseperable union.

Bridesmaids were draped in red as vibrant as the
leaves, groomsmen (of course) fashioned kilts as smart
as the wind.

Most beautiful was my Elizabeth.

Most beautiful is my wife.

A horse and carriage whisped us away to the humble
reception. Humble, yet hilarious.

(Just ask Ms. Ysobelle, Mr. Armstrong, and Mr.
Lachey.)

Now I have noted, during my time as a Rhinelander,
that numerous people have used the music of Over the
Rhine in their weddings and receptions to beautiful
effect. But have any of them thought beyond ceremonial
songs and first dances?

We have.

I will say that "The Body Is A Stairway of Skin" is
VERY appropriate for wedding festivities.

Especially the garter toss.

Need I say more?

At any rate, everything went very well and all who
attended had a wonderful time. I am thankful for my
new bride as I am for so many friends to share tales,
stories, and experiences with. When we get pictures, I
will attempt to post a few for those who may be
interested.

I wish everyone a very happy Autumn and hope to see
many of you at the Taft this year.

Regards,

bink