the beauty of the fall...

hi kids.

got off work early to see over the rhine at messiah college last night, which was a great end to a perfect day!

yeah, remember how i told you all that i wasn't allowed to wear sandals without backs to work anymore?  my boss surprised me by *taking me to lunch* and taking me to the birkenstock store here in pittsburgh, and buying me not one, but TWO pairs of birks!  i love my job.

anyway, i a little lost due to construction stuff (thanks again, lara, for directions!), but i made it to the show, only missing about 20 minutes of bill malonee's set.  goodness, was he amazing!  someone i will definitely have to look into for the future!  *breathe deep* david came and found me at about 7:30, and pulled me up to the front and center of the seating arrangements...where i was able to meet the lovely bravesaintkate.  :)

when bill was done, i was talking to david and kate, when SURPRISE, anita (hazel) shows up, date dan in tow.  i don't think i've pounced so hard on someone in a long time!  :)  dan told me that he was tired just watching me in action.  it was great to see them, and we all sat on the floor in the front as karin (can we say GORGEOUS, anyone?) and linford do their thing.  there were some new songs, as well as fun old ones...they opened with *cast me away* and went into *bothered*.  i don't have the set list...i'll let *peace and veggies* david send that your way.  just know that it was beautiful.  amazingly beautiful.  and karin told me she was going to feed an iv into my arm to get just a droplet of my energy.  *hmmm* wonder where i've heard *that* before.  maybe from everyone i come in contact with.  *laughing*

anyway, i headed home last night, but i only made it to breezewood before i decided to stop for the night.  driving home this morning, i was amazed by the colors...karin said that they always tried to tour pennsylvania in the fall, because of the colors of the leaves.  that reminded me of when i was in school in california...my dad had driven to harrisburg, and sent me many pictures of the leaves on the trees as they faded into orange and red.  all of my friends were *amazed* by the beauty of the fall here in western and central pennsylvania, and i never saw it.  maybe it's true when someone said "it took me 20 some odd years to see i'd been born blind."

happy saturday everyone.  twila, i'll see you tonight at the show!  and mattrix, i'll see you as well, i hope!  there definitely aren't enough listees in pittsburgh.  we'll have to work on that!

*love and smiles*
jessyka