Re: (no otr) : Stizzarbucks, Dixie Chicks and a pinch ofPostmodernism

> paully.  i'm happy for you really.  really. free
> coffee, yay!  informed consumer, yay!  but what i want
> to know is 'who or what starbucks was names after' and
> that's the one bit o' information you didn't tell.

Starbuck was Melville's first mate aboard the Pequod :)

"Owners, owners? Thou art always prating to me, Starbuck, about those
miserly owners, as if the owners were my conscience. But look ye, the only
real owner of anything is its commander; and hark ye, my conscience is in
this ship's keel.   On deck!! "