Re: Another note from a travelling friend

On Sun, 13 Oct 2002, Don Smith wrote:
> Speaking of socio-political-economic, has anyone read "No Logo" by Naomi
> Klein?  Picked it up in a bookstore on a whim and found it to be a very
> informative, insightful, and enjoyable read about the growth of
> multinational brands, loss of meaningful jobs, and the connection
> between big name brands and third world sweatshops.  Fascinating stuff.

Haven't read the book, but my instincts tilt away from her POV, I think.
FWIW, there's an essay at the URL below that has an interesting take on
the reasons for Klein's current success and popularity.

http://www.topica.com/lists/dadl-ot/read/message.html?mid=2001133713

 If true love never did exist how could we know its name? -- Sam Phillips
          Happiness happens but I want joy. -- Marjorie Cardwell