think for yourself

Ysobelle at aol_com wrote:
> Does anyone remember the quote Don used to have
> in his sig file about the moral obligation to
> question the President?

i don't know what Don's was... but a good concept to
follow (especially in a democratic process) would be
to "think for yourself and question authority."

if authority figures are doing things that you do
not agree with, you should have the right to question
that.

of course, if you post on this list about it, some
one is bound to flame you for it- which, to me, is
silly.  free country, g-dammit.  why not question
authority?  i've been flamed for not being "anti-
american," when in fact, all i was posting was posing
a question about something that i saw the authority
doing or setting in motion which i felt was wrong
(the Patriot Act, etc).

i feel priviledged to live here, but i'm not proud
of much of what's gone on of late.  finger-pointing
from our government to other countries is wrong.  why
do we (and King George) feel that everything should
fall under Our realm?  why do we make the USA to be
the worldwide policeman?  why do we look at the WTC
tragedy as evil, but look at the Hiroshima and
Nagasaki tragedies as heroic and punishing the evil?
what we did to the Japanese was far worse than what
those 4 hijacked airplanes did to us.  that doesn't
condone what happened to us.  hopefully it just puts
it in a historical context.

think for yourself.
question authority.

i like worms,
Dan

np: tool - undertow

=====
VISIT the home of Dan's music at:
     http://www.unemployedingreenland.com/
         -and- http://www.dlm.net/gc/
   VISIT - Pixie Princess Jewelry Studios at:
         http://www.pixieprincess.com/