Re: shaking my fists at the sky

I can't beat what Ysobelle said.  In fact, I hardly think I can do this
subject justice.  All the same, I feel the need to reply.

First, as a male product of the US school system, I have been rather
conditioned to feel no pain and show no emotion.  (That fact irritates
me, and I have been working on getting over the emotional numbness.)
 Just the same, your post nearly moved me to tears.  I thoght of how I
would react if my own father were gone.  He is not yet, but he will be
at some time.  I don't know how I would handle it.  I've always been
dad's boy, while my brother was more attached to our mother.  He has
been a person I could identify with, relate to, and commune with when I
needed to.  Because of that, I can feel your pain, in whatever way a
person who has not actually experienced such a loss can feel your pain.

The only words of comfort I can offer are those that faith leads us to.
 You will see your father again.  He is not gone, he has just gone away.
 This life is but a temporary glimpse fo what the next life can bring.
 All the joy you have felt can be magnified a thousand fold in the next
life; surely that is worth some sacrifice today.

Perhaps the book of Job can bring you insight, or even peace.  You have
experienced a loss that no one would wish upon another, yet is
inevitable for all of us.  Be mindful of the good times you had, and the
good times yet to come.

-Chris

(No nifty tagline this time, the subject warrants absolute sincerity.)