Re: UPS (Not Rich) (and no OtR, either)

Zayne S wrote:

>Chris Lindemer wrote:
>
><><>--Smitty the Newly Pierced<><>
>
>So...what 'cha get pierced?
>
>zayne - also pierced

I was kinda wondering if anybody would pick up on that.  For quite a
while, I've said that if I ever got a piercing, it would be in the
cartilage at the top of my left ear.  I mean, ear lobes are just so
pedestrian any more.

I've been planning this for quite a while.  In fact, I purchased a few
earrings I liked at Cornerstone this year.  I've looked a lot into
gettign it done, what to look out for, how to care for it, all that good
stuff.  I was prepared for everything pretty well.

Yesterday, I finally put my money where my mouth is and got it done.
 I'm happy to report it's been a pleasant experience overall.  I went to
a pro shop - the local tattoo/piercing place.  (One of my friends
offered to do it...but I'd rather someone who has done it hundreds fo
times before do the deed.)  It cost me $20 for the hole and the 16-ga.
metal to go in it, so I felt like I got a reasonable deal.

It's not really painful or overly sensitive.  The only time it's been
annoying so far has been when I'm sleeping.  It happens to be exactly in
the place I put most of the weight of my head while sleeping, so I have
to be a little extra careful if I want to be comfortable.  I assume that
tenderness will be all but gone in a few weeks, if not a few weeks.

Ah, fun.  I always told myself I'd only want one...but now I'm thinking
up other fun places to get pierced.  I figure get both nipples done, and
my nose, and a few lip rings.  Then, I'll run a chain between them all.
 Or not.  Whatever.

What do you have done?  Any tattoos?  That's next on my list of bod mod
to get done...

-Smitty the Freak