Re: choosing your battles & to burn or not to burn?

U2
REM
Coldplay
Over the Rhine (of course!)

That is all.

I have a related question: Do you think burning copyrighted CDs is ethical?
I had a debate with my bro. about this. He's younger than me and he
apparently spends *no* money at all on music. His reasoning is that the big
record companies get all the money anyway and the musicians are millionaires
who don't need any more money. He *would* pay for an indie band's recordings
though. I couldn't convince him of the fact that musicians need to be
compensated for their work just like any other professional. Maybe it's
because when I was his age there was no such thing as CD burning (or it
wasn't very common yet) and if you really liked a certain album, you bought
the real thing. I still think there's something special about having the
original artwork and lyrics and pretty picture on the CD itself! I can
understand sharing concert bootlegs or rare recordings with friends. But
otherwise. . .hmmmm.

Sarah