Re: o, ups

On Tue, 10 Sep 2002, Don Smith wrote:

> > > (Anyone else read the Phantom Tollbooth?  But I digress...)
> > is that related to the magic tollbooth?
>
> No, it's a wonderful "children's book" about a kid who thinks that
> there's nothing to do, and then he gets a mysterious package with a
> miniature car (like a few feet long - he could still ride in it) and a
> tollbooth.  He went through the booth and ended up in a world where
> words, numbers, and phrases took on lives of their own.  It's full of
> delightful wordplay and curious characters, and at one point they get
> into a vehicle that only moves when they don't talk: it goes without
> saying.

no that's the one i meant. i never knew it's name. i liked that book (:

> I didn't pick ups!  The camera company said they'd ship it 3-day, and I
> said fine.  That was August 30th.  I didn't understand that they
> intended to ship it UPS, or I would have asked them not to, because I
> had this same problem when I ordered the gels I needed for the show.
> Took about a week longer to get to me than it should have.  Do they only
> deliver to unemployed people or something? People that can afford the
> time to wait at home all day on the off chance that they might show up?

> Oh, they'll hold the package for you, but then you have to drive half an
> hour to go get it, and they're only open during workdays before five, so
> you have to take off work to do it... sigh.  Well, getting stressed and
> angry changes absolutely nothing, so I'm just not going to bother any
> more.

huh. the one out here is open until 8. which helps.... good luck on
obtaining it. i'd say, but it'd probably add more strees, that you shhould
call the camera company and let them know how you feel about their choice
of a shipper, and how much trouble it's caused you...

rhys

--
Bad command or file name. Bad, bad command! Sit! Stay! Staaaay...