Re: Dubya causes chaos in the Heartland...

--- Amy N Macrellis <macrell1 at pilot_msu.edu> wrote:
> > What I haven't heard are unbiased and fact-based
> reasons for our friends
> > and parents and sons and daughters to go marching
> into war.  No wonder
> > much of the rest of the world is concerned.

> > While Hussein is certainly guilty of atrocities
> towards his own people,
> > he has not attacked us.  He just plain hasn't.

brilliant argument.  japan hadn't attacked us either
until pearl harbor and if i remember correctly germany
never directly attacked us.  they started with smaller
countries.  actually they started with their own, got
their people in a frenzy through propaganda and then
force and then began a multi-million massacre.  can
you imagine if hitler had had nukes?  yes.  let's sit
on our asses because it's the easy, kind, politically
correct thing to do.

> Thus, his wrongdoings
> > should be a matter for international or world
> courts (like the one that
> > the U.S. refuses to acknowledge because we're
> afraid our people will have
> > to adhere to the same standards as the rest of the
> planet)--not for the United States' leaders'
personal or political or
> moral or religious vengeance.

on these grounds did we only fight wwii because europe
did?  clue:  they had to because hitler was taking
them over.  they were content to turn their heads
until he was on their playground.  they'll wait for
that again.

i'm sorry i don't mean to be rough around the edges --
but i couldn't keep quiet on this one, my uncle will
be in the middle east in a matter of weeks.  and i'm
proud that he'll be there.

liesel

=====
Did nothing in particular, and did it very well.

--Sir William Schwenck Gilbert