Re: Re: OTR, friends, and grief...

On 9/6/02 8:22 AM, quoth the effervescent Lynzi at indigoebony at yahoo_com:

>I am stretched on your grave
>summs up grief in a very chilling way
>    but would not wish it to be played at my funeral.
>

>that's all.
>
>lindsey

Bah. When I am dead, I want those who attend my funeral to wail like
smacked toddlers. They'll be laughing at me again soon enough.

Does anyone remember the piece played at Princess Grace's funeral?

Oh, and because I must, Duran Duran has a sort of tryptich of grief.
Quoth Simon:

"'Ordinary World' is the song which is part of the trilogy of ghost songs
I wrote; the others being 'Do you Believe in Shame' and 'out of my mind'.
DYBIS & OW both refer to the pointlessly tragic death of a very dear
friend some years back. In DYBIS I yearn to host whatever spirit there is
left of my dead friend; in OW I finally free myself of the guilt and
sadness that has come to haunt me in it's place. nuff said? s"