Re: OtR at Greenbelt UK 2002/one photo

>From: "homeprairie" <homeprairie at xalt_co.uk>
>Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 11:14:12 +0100

>I can't wait to see the photos as well.

The fishtank team sent out one photograph, goto :
http://www.greenbelt.org.uk/festival/2002/images/photos_3_friday/over_the_rhine.jpg

>seeing linford and Karin with Jack and hearing stripped down
versions of things was immense.
((it really was, it was one of the few gigs that actually leftme breathless.
Discounting the Delirious? show, because stupidly we found ourselves in the
front centre, crushed by people at least six foot tall.Consequently the
friend sharing my tent is now on crutches with a sprained ligament - but
still talking about how wonderful greenbelt was, mainly due to the stripped
down OtR songs. ))

>1 I was really disappointed by the live version of "I radio Heaven" it
>sounded like a dirge and beared very little resemblance to the album
>version....since i have come to see that really the album version disguises
>the real emotion and sadness in the lyrics about not being able to get
>through to heaven and how the person in the song actually felt about this.

Very true. I was taken aback at how very different and melchony it sounded,
then, after listening to the album version it puzzled me how it *didn't*
sound that way on the album.  Something of that version crawled inside me
and stayed: that was precisely how I felt that night.
*sigh*

>3   after the signing and gig linford Karin and Jack went to one of the
>late night shows and performed a couple of songs just Linford and Karin,

Was that on stage two? Inside the grandstand building?*whines*
>ack was on a Union break, Karin nearly fell off stage, ((yikes!)) we found
>out thanks to the interview that toast is the over the rhine solution to
>ups and owns of life.

hmmm....only if it has blackcurrant jam on it though.

>then about fifteen to one in the monring started playing whatever excetera.
>it sounded amazing and well it was quite close to heaven.being 20 meters
>from the stage in an audience of about 100 and hearing karin outsing a
>small PA was excellent I hope to hear this again sometime.

*cries* I really wanted to hear etc, whatever live. I didn't know they were
playing a smaller acoustic set. *whines* Was it at stage two, inside the
grandstand, the venue where everyone sits on the floor?If I'd known I'd have
badgered my supervisors to let me steward that venue. As it happened, I was
closing the Iona community worship, feeling oh-so very peaceful then ended
up trying to keep track of the humanic tent on youth Punk worship!(It's
frightening, very scary.)
one of the other stewards on my team was talking about a late night acoustic
set and wanted to know who they were, only he couldn't remember what songs
they sang. I thought it was Kristen Winter and Chris Pierce, since there
were only two. Speaking of which, did you see that gig?It was beautiful.
All in all, over the Rhine were my absolute highlights, along with Julie Lee
and my oh-so glamorous job of being a bright neon yellow clad human barrier
standing alongside Rowan Williams for two hours on Sunday at communion.
funfunfun!!

Oh, did anyone here go to the Wales concert?*it's killing me to think that
as I tyope, OtR are in my very own country but because of our idyosintric
railway system I can't get there.
wow. that has to be my longest mail to this list yet!
*hugs*
tash

"