Re: OtR at Greenbelt UK 2002

Thanks tash for the set list i thought the set was excellent and really
statrted the festival off in a billiant manner. I can't wait to see the
photos as well.

What a gig, excellent and from speaking to people lots of people have seeing
over the rhine in their festival highlights.

I loved it the first time i saw QtR was in 1996 also at greenbelt with a
full band. seeing linford and Karin with Jack and hearing stripped down
versions of things was immense.

3 things

1    I was really disappointed by the live version of "I radio Heaven" it
sounded like a dirge and beared very little resemblance to the album version
(2 accoustic guitars and jack playing lap steel guitar). It bugged me but
while i have been thinking about it since i have come to see that really the
album version disguises the real emotion and sadness in the lyrics about not
being able to get through to heaven and how the person in the song actually
felt about this. The live dirge version was just right for conveying the
emotion of the peice and the more i remeber and sing it over in my head the
more i get it.

2    Jacks valentine. Was excellent and recieved the best response to any
song performed in the set. I loved it.

3    after the signing and gig linford Karin and Jack went to one of the
late night shows and performed a couple of songs just Linford and Karin,
(Jack was on a union break), Karin almost fell off the stage, we found out
thanks to the interview that toast is the over the rhine solution to ups and
downs of life. They sang a fun song I didn't recognise but then about 15 to
one in the monring started playing whatever excetera. it sounded amazing and
well it was quite close to heaven. being 20 meters from the stage in an
audience of about 100 and hearing karin outsing a small PA was excellent I
hope to hear this again sometime.

anyway best go for now

Scott

ANyone know how the concert in Pisa went. (we were in formed that the beach
stage had been destroyed in a hurricane but Linford Karin and JAck were
still going to the beach with guitars to sing to whoever would listen. that
sounded amazing.