Re: Serpents & Gloves received + a trip down memory lane

Kylie said:
>There is a cheesy part in the video tho. When Brian is sitting at the bar
>in Sudsy Malone's ...he goes, "Hey, you got any of my old records around
>here?" And the bartender acts like he is looking, and then grabs some from
>a shelf. Poof, there are Brian's old records.

I noticed that too.  It did seem a bit convenient.  It reminded me of way
back in '83 or so (really dating myself here) when Amy Grant had done her
first Christmas album.  For some reason, they decided to make an hour long
TV special about it, and in it, Amy is driving around way up in the snowy
mountains, and she stops at this general store type place.  There just
happens to be a small record section, and when the shopkeeper asks "May I
help you?" she asks if they have any of her albums there, and lo and behold
they do.  Way up in the mountains in the middle of nowhere.  How convenient,
especially since the camera was rolling.  It sure would have been
embarassing for Amy if they didn't have any or if he had said "I don't know,
who are you?"