Re: Pathetic parenthetics

On Mon, 19 Aug 2002, Sarah Herr wrote:

> As a member of the grammar police, I formally approve the use of
> parenthesis within parenthesis. However, you can make the inner set
> brackets instead [like this] for better comprehension. Any other
> grammar police with me on this one?

as a non member of the grammar gestapo (: but a card carrying geek, i put
forth this request

parentheses (or are they ises?) are *great*, but nesting has to be done so
it's readable.

this is done by doing thie ( we like to layer spaces around (code
standards at work) if and elses so that people can easily see which groups
go where )

[]'s would be indicative of lists indices and very confusing (to me, not
you, i know) (:

so then we could all write like this

if( space > 1 )
{
	$explainwithparens = 1;
}

> Sarah (who [because of her inquiring mind] finds the topic of cults
> very interesting)

me too (but i am not sarah)

rhys

> QUACK QUACK!

mrow

--
You can't come in, our tiger has the flu.