Border's Coupon

Eric said:
> well, after about 10 minutes and resembling a
> band of
> monkeys presented with a bright red ball, the
> managerial staff at my border's accepted the
> coupon
> that dan posted.
>
> so dan gets shouts.

Jeff responds:
My experience was not as good but nonetheless
successful. I printed out said coupon and took it
to Border's over my lunch hour yesterday. Before
browsing, I took it to the clerk, who advised me
that they were told not to accept copies. I told
her it was from an on-line paper, but no go. But
then she pointed to a copy of the Sunday Philly
Inquirer that was behind her.

"I was saving it for my son, who hasn't called
back yet. And I know there's a coupon in it."

Let me say, it was the best $0.75 I've ever
spent. I picked up Sam Phillips' "Fan Dance,"
which came it at half price. I also grabbed a
copy of the new Paste Magazine, which has a great
sampler CD. It all came in at $17.65 (including
the price of the paper).

So, I offer my thanks to Dan as well for raising
awareness of the coupon. And thanks to the
anonymous clerk at the Border's in Camp Hill,
Pa., who was very generous.

Now, I encourage everyone to run out and buy
Paste Magazine because it's just great. It's been
years since I've picked up a music magazine that
is interesting and covers artists that 1. aren't
cheesy CCMers or 2. sex- and drug- glorifying
Rolling Stoners. Plus, the first issue includes
excerpts from Linford's tour diaries (just to
keep this post on topic).

Jeff McCloud
teamccloud at yahoo_com