Re: hard lennonade

Good point Peter,

There are lots of references, in fact, in his compositions that imply
that he doesn't believe in Heaven or God, plus a few that imply that he
does (albeit, only a few).

However, I'm referring to the revelations about his life detailed in an
exhaustive biography (can't remember the author. I'll see if I can find
it.) detailing his life. It is possible that at the end of his life he
considered himself atheist, although he never actually put it that
bluntly. For most of his life, however, he did believe in God and even
believed that Jesus was God. This is why, when the whole flap about him
saying "The Beatles are more popular than Jesus" happened, he was
especially upset by the public outcry against it. He hadn't meant to
imply that the Beatles were more important or influential than Jesus had
been on society, what he was referring to was the ridiculous esteem that
the general public held for his band.

It's a long biography, but extremely interesting, whether you agree
with his philosophies, or not. For the record, I agree with very little
of the philosophies he espoused.

Matt

>>> Was this before or after he wrote 'God' ("I just believe in
me...")?