Re: hard lennonade

On Wed, 14 Aug 2002, Peter T. Chattaway wrote:

> > 'imagine' - to pretend or act as if something is real that is not. an
> > ideal that lives in someone's thoughts.
>
> But note how this ideal cancels out some of the ideals that live in
> *other* people's thoughts.

peter,

i feel like is a funny thing to be arguing.

it's *inevitable* that my ideas will cancel out yours.

that yours will cancel out mine.

are you wanting some world where no one is to imagine or think, since that
will cancel out someone else's thoughts?

that's bizarre... the nature of imaginatino si to dream of something that
is not. something that could be. so, of course, it's going to negate
someone else's thougth/dream - that's probably the thought/dream that
sparked the imagining.

> > but rather suggestive - kind of like in a story where the lady goes
> > 'once up n a time, there was this forest....'
>
> Okay, so it was a softer form of propaganda than the sort of thing we
> hear from, say, Midnight Oil or Stryper.  But it was still propaganda.

fairy tales must be propoganda too.
and music.

so there's propoganda. it's a harsh word.

is otr then propoganda?

as it commands to lift your hands together and all that stuff.
or 'go down easy'

> And sometimes we're all a little worse off, etc.  It all depends on
> how good or bad the propaganda was, I guess.

of course.

look at communism, capitalism and the general state of the world since 2%
milk was invented (:

o and sliced bread.

(:

rhys