Re: hard lennonade

On Tue, 13 Aug 2002, Peter T. Chattaway wrote:

> On Tue, 13 Aug 2002, Dan Temmesfeld wrote:
>
> > > If Lennon was merely saying "Why can't we all get along?", that would
> > > be one thing.  But no, he takes an explicitly anti-religious stance --
> > > which is, in its own way, a religious stance in and of itself.
> >
> > i don't think he was anti-religious, but rather anti-people telling him
> > what to do and to think.
>
> So he told *other* people what to do and to think?  Hmmm.

'imagine' - to pretend or act as if something is real that is not. an
ideal that lives in someone's thoughts.

the sentences he used were not considered imperative style sentences, but
rather suggestive - kind of like in a story where the lady goes 'once up n
a time, there was this forest....'

we know it's not real, but we play along - try our hands at it. and maybe
sometimes, you learn how to bring a little piece of that into regular
life, and sometimes we're all a little better off for it.

musingly hot in this sweltering weather.

rhys