Amy Grant

>>5.  "Lead Me On," Amy Grant
>>from the album "Lead Me On" (1988)
>>This song came around back when I had a mad crush on Amy.  It's from
>>what is arguably her best album, and it's the best song on the record.
>>Again, it takes me back easily to probably my favorite part of my
>>teenage years.

>as much as it pains me to say it, this is a great song on a great
>album.  i don't even think it's arguable . . . this is, in my opinion,
>the only good Amy Grant album (ignoring for the moment her contributions,
>albeit positive or negative, to CCM)

I have no problem admitting what a great album that is. I'll admit she's
released many songs that fall into the superfluous pop realm but when Amy
bears down she can write some great songs.  I recall an interview with
Charlie Peacock where he said it may be the top CCM album in his opinion.

I also like "Behind the Eyes."  It's a very sad album, but the songs are
so very real.

Also, thumbs up for mentioning Rick Elias.  That album may be one of my
favorites.  Talk about another underrated songwriter.

If I was to pick my favorite songs "Circle of Quiet" would be up there.  I
love the live version on Amateur Shortwave Radio and Ric's version on
Blink is wonderful too.

By the way I just got Kim Taylor's new CD last week.  "So Clack, So
Bright" is quite beautiful.  Linford plays bass on one song and Karin
sings on it.  I think her website is www.kim-taylor.net.  It's well worth
checking out.

Bill Keith
--
Bill Keith, WSDP Radio, Plymouth-Canton Schools