Re: hard lennonade (retake)

dan said:

> i take that back.  upon reading the lyrics to
>  "Imagine," he is saying that.

you know, i never did understand why everyone i ran into seemed to love this
song.  it was played at a graduation ceremony for my high school back in '94.

the only lyrics that i really remember off the top of my head are "imagine
there's no heaven." and "no hell below us..."  and "imagine all the people
living for today."

but what would constitute "living for today"?  in my mind's eye, i see many
people doing "good" things and trying to lead "good" lives simply because of
the threat of hell.  no, this does not apply to everyone, but the threat of
hell, and, conversely, the ideal of heaven seems to help bring out the
goodness in those who believe.

would that be the initial reason for trying to instate such beliefs in the
first place?

anyway, i just see the world with no heaven and no hell as one where people
would be much more inclined to fight for themselves, for their own greed and
need for success.  sure, wars based on and governed by religion would end,
but wars would then be based on the greed of a country, a person, whatever.

boy, this is a cheerful subject for so early in the morning.  :)  have a
great tuesday, everyone.

*hugz and kisses*
jessyka