Re: the violet burning and owen's ring (no otr)

Patty Teesdale wrote:

>The violet burning has an amazing sound, but there sound and lyrics and
>everything are destroyed by the fact that they sink to the level of using
>a mixer. I loved their CD, but when I saw them at cornerstone, and realized
> they used a mixer, it ruined it for me. If they made an acoustic version I d
> buy it, but I just cannot stomach the whole mixer thing. It seems like cheating.

Uh, a mixer is used by /everyone/ who uses some sort of amplification
system, including our very own OtR.  I can't name a band off-hand that
played without such equipment at /any/ show I've been to.

Maybe your definition of a mixer and the classical definition are rather
different; perhaps you meant a sequencer?

-Smitty the Gearhead